Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2007

NO VIEWS FOR YOU!

In the past 3 days, I've gotten 3 views on Jdate. An average of one a day. There was even one day in there during which I didn't get a single view. The three views I got were from a woman in Israel with no picture and no profile (I was basically viewed by a blue box), a dude in New York seeking other dudes (didn't even know Jdate offered that, but I wish him luck), and a 59 year old woman from Arizona (she actually isn't bad looking, but I prefer my women pre-menopausal).

I'm used to sending out lots of emails and getting no responses. Sending IMs and staring at that box, waiting fruitlessly for the woman to connect is all in a day's work. But when no one's even looking at you, it's quite humbling. It's like I'm a ghost. I'm not even getting reciprocal views. You'd think at least a few of the countless women I've viewed would view me back. I've even expanded my "online now" search to all of the United States (which on Jdate seems to pretty much consist of NY and various parts of California), and still the views fail to come. My preferences are set to allow people to see that I've viewed them so that can't be a reason no one's looking at me. My picture is a well taken, high-res photo that I look good in, despite Jdate's insistence on poorly cropping photos. Is it possible I'm not as attractive as I think I am? Or are women too busy dealing with the deluge of emails and IMs they're faced with every time they log on? For my ego's sake, I'll go with choice "B," but the truth is it's probably a combination of both.

Maybe I'm really getting hundreds of views a day, but not a single one of the women viewing me has her preferences set to allow people to know she's viewed them. Yes, that's the theory I'm going with for now....unless anyone out there has a better one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Start showing some cleavage.

Anonymous said...

cleavage may not be enough. you may have to show some nip.

Anonymous said...

Please don't let yourself get bogged down by the little details of JDate. My God, you live in NYC, there must be millions of nice Jewish women there! Please don't give up--remember, it took me YEARS to find my boyfriend, but I never gave up hope, even when I seemed to keep dating one momma's boy after another!