I think we've all had those first dates during which the person you're out with says something that lets you know they're probably not for you. Your date may be perfectly nice, but the moment they make that one remark, they've eliminated themselves from contention. The person on the receiving end of such remarks usually follows them by sighing, eye rolling, or simply asking the waiter for the check. Below are some of my favorite "Check, Please" remarks that I've either heard on dates, or friends of mine have heard (in no particular order):
- "Can I AXE you a question?"
- "I like to sit on my fire ex-scape and watch the stars." (Different woman than above).
- "Pink Floyd...Yeah, she's pretty good."
- "I was in Rikers once, but it was nothing."
- "I don't shower everyday in the winter. What for? It's not like I'm sweating in 20 degree weather."
- "You think you're gonna lose any more hair?"
- "I don't have sex. It hurts too much."
- "My great grandparents are like from Hungaria or somewhere."
- "I'm very gassy today."
Got any of your own? Please share.