Search This Blog

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Why must people be so mean?

Got an email today informing me someone on Jdate sent me a message. I log in to check it, and of course, it was a flirt from a blue box with no profile. While I was on, though, I clicked on a profile of some other woman who had this to say in the "I am looking for" section:

(Copied verbatim):
"RUSSIAN SPEAKING GUYS ONLY! NO ISRAELI AND NO NATIVE AMERICAN! If you look good (your mom's opinion doesn't count), interesting as a person and can hold a conversation, attentive and with sence of humor, then you are wellcome on this page."

I get the part about wanting to meet someone who speaks your language. I can even somewhat sympathize with the ban on Israelis. They can be an obnoxious bunch. But when I read the Native American line, all I could think of is the poor dude below sitting at his computer on his reservation reading this dibshit's profile:



It's J-DATE, Svetlana. Not J-HATE! Don't make people cry!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny. I believe Iron Eyes Cody is dead, but he's better off that way. This way he doesn't have to read profiles like that.

Anonymous said...

Russian speaking only with a "sence" of humor. If yakov smirnoff is available, he could totally get this chick.

Anonymous said...

what if you speak russian and aren't russian, but aren't israeli or native american either...does that count?

Anonymous said...

You think that's bad. I saw a profile that in response to: "I am looking for a:" said, basically, "what my dog has." You want your date to have fleas?

Anonymous said...

I've been seeing a lot of that "russian only" stuff in profiles lately too. Hate to sound like an "anti-Russianite," but shouldn't they get their own site, if they're that eager NOT to meet non-russians?

Anonymous said...

Ironically, enough, I've spoken to a bunch of Russian women online that specifically DON'T want to date Russian guys. Something about them being too cheesy and pushy.

But it definitely isn't cool making Iron eyes cry.

Anonymous said...

As a Russian I can tell you that Russians have a totally different mentality and we tend to bunch together based on common language. We are heavily materialistic and with a retarded backward sense of what is ethical/moral. Stay away from Rusky turds.

Anonymous said...

great blog buddy..i am a veteran jdater-most women overrate themselves--as a goof, i sent some emails telling them i was friends with derek jeter, and suggested that i try to fix them up because i think they would be a good match--these were 40 something attractive women--for the ones who knew who jeter was, at least half answered they would be interested--not even realizing it was a goof. then there are so many women looking for guys 10 or more years younger==omg, are u kidding me.